Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ketchup




















October 4

I walked to the let down of a foreign grocery store where I bought Inca chips and felt a strong desire to buy some cheese but resisted due to the price and the absence of a refrigerator.
I can't find the picture, but the back of Inca flavored chips had said it was Ethnican flavored.
The freshmen are required to do military stuff for the first few weeks of university.



On the Fifth we all had to do presentations on our trip in Chinese.  My group did a rather foolish play.

Soon after this play my class had to write another.  We had to write a skit for our oral test, half an hour long, only knowing about it two days prior to the test, and we were supposed to memorize it.  Nobody memorized it and I was a crazy aunt during it, but I drew props adorable props!

October 10
Pizzahut date night!  Delicious Seafood Supreme!  Yes, Pizzahut is a classy establishment here.

Xi'an Metro plays adds for the Subway on the subway.  They all show how beautiful life can be with a subway.















I found the chips.



October 13
I should not have to worry about getting smashed by a car while on the sidewalk, so sick of the cars and mopeds not just staying on the road.
Something learned: there are mountains to the south of the hotel I am living in.  There is too much smog or cloud cover normally to see them.

October 14
I think it was today that we went to visit a really popular artist in the area, she does painting and paper cutting.
This is our van driver on the phone in traffic.  And a tree of corn.













 She had us paint pictures.  This is her trying to show us what we can draw.  We did not do her examples at all.  I made a unicorn.




My nightclub wouldn't let me in because they didn't believe me when I told them I am American even when I was speaking English in a group of Americans.  I got in, then went outside for a little then got harassed when I tried to get back in.

October 15
I went to the countryside to teach small kids English.  I don't think they understood anything, they just mimicked...

October 17
Jeff and I have started dancing with old ladies at night.  They do like dancing in lines.  I look like a fool, Jeff is pretty okay at it.

October 21
We went to a Tang Dynasty performance.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment